eisbaerx

Kitchen Fitting Quote

Christina
3 years ago

Hi all,
Our flat is in serious need of a new kitchen as the cabinets are (quite literally) falling apart, however we are on quite a tight budget (we want something reasonably durable that will last a decent amount of time, but no frills or fancy cabinets, as tempting as they seem!).
We were hoping to save costs by buying all the units, laminate worktop etc. ourselves, probably from DIY-kitchens.com as I've read some good reviews about them on this forum and they seem decent quality for the price. Almost all the appliances (fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher) are freestanding under-the-counter units and will be re-used as they are working fine, the oven and hob are built in but again these appliances will be re-used.
We have therefore been looking for a local kitchen fitter to do the necessary fitting work. I'm quite surprised at the price I have been quoted and wanted to check if this is what would be expected.
We've had a quote of £3000 (inc. VAT). This price is for removing and disposing of the existing kitchen and fitting the new kitchen, however all the units, worktops, splashback, etc will be provided by us. There are 9 kitchen units in total: 5 floor units and 4 wall units. The kitchen will be in exactly the same configuration as it is now, so there's no new wiring/plumbing/etc.
This is our first home and first time having a new kitchen, so I don't really have any idea what to expect and may be seriously underestimating the work involved! However it seems a little steep to me especially since all the kitchen cabinets from DIY-kitchens come fully built, so there's no assembly of cabinets involved. I think our kitchen plans may have to be on hold for a little while if this is what I should expect to pay! Would love to know either way so I can decide whether to shelve the plan for a while or keep looking for kitchen fitters. Everyone I've contacted seems very fully booked, maybe they are all very busy with post- lockdown renovations and charging more.
Thanks everyone!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.