appy_bhrgv

Hallway query.. help pls

A B
3 years ago

hi, any suggestions on what to put in the hallway ?? I already have a shoe and a coat storage.. I would love to have a full length mirror but don't know on which wall will it go the best.. also was thinking for a bench or a small stool..
help pls.. 🙏

Comments (6)

• kazzh
    3 years ago

You have a good entry to work with, it needs to welcome you home! A hall table to plonk down the keys, a bowl to put them in, a mirror or maybe a large print above and a rug that will do heavy duty.... so some ideas. I've leaned towards darker woods for the warmth that it gives as I'm making the assumption that paint and flooring are not able to be changed. Of course, it these 2 elements are open to change - well, the world is your oyster as they say!

Faro Jute Rug, Charcoal, 160 cm Round · More Info

Decorative Teak Bowl · More Info

Transition Wall Mirror, 125x55 cm · More Info

Fancy Scandinavian Console Table, Cinnamon · More Info

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Nice spacious hallway. Your ideas are great. I would suggest a bench on one side and a simple console table on the other with a mirror above.

• A B
    Original Author
    3 years ago

a quick one -is this good to go on my hallway ??

• kazzh
    3 years ago

One thing to think about is that what you put in your hall should lead to the style you have in the other rooms in your home, so the style flows between rooms for a cohesive look. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of the mirror, it just seems to be too broken up. With the grey floor, I'm leaning towards adding warmth to the area over a colder reflective finish. A deeper blue might work better, if you are going for color over wood tones.

• A B
    Original Author
    3 years ago

thanks Kazzh for your reply. I am following a very minimalist look in my house.. I love colors but seem they are lacking. picked up some more.. any better ??

• kazzh
    3 years ago

I'm liking the 3rd one! The others do 't have any 'spark' about them, a bit too plan for the space.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.