anna_cioban

To squeeze a study or not?

Anna Cioban
3 years ago

Hi all,
We are planning on building a 3m rear extension to increase our living space. The kitchen currently is very narrow and there is a living room overlooking the garden. I would love to move kitchen to the back of the house and make an open plan kitchen/living room with a small study (plan A) but am worried the study will be pokey. Another option is to create a dining room in the extension (plan B) but there will be no study/spare room.
Please share your thoughts/ experiences. Thanks a lot!

Comments (6)

• Anna Cioban
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Current layout

• Anna Cioban
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Anna Cioban
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• Anna Cioban
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Sarah, I think it can easily be used as a spare bedroom too. Husband prefers option B but having a separate room is invaluable

• Zoe Kelly
    3 years ago

Option a) definitely looks better to me (I think the room would be smallish/a bit awkward as a bedroom but actually pretty big as a study, some ‘home office’/study rooms are tiny but still useful :p). More importantly, option b) ends up with the kitchen quite disjoint from everything else, it doesn’t look very sociable to Eg, chat to people while you cook.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.