patrina_cossey

Oak Stair Cladding Kit

Patrina
3 years ago

Hello Houzzers I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Would really like your opinions before I commit to buying please. Our stairs need a bit of attention so I recently bought a set of solid Oak stair Cladding kit (full sized thread and riser) My question is. Can this be fitted over the existing thread or will it make the the stairs too high? We don't currently have wood on our stairs just whatever the subfloor material is and carpet over that. The thread and riser is as in the pic. I hope someone has some experience with this and can answer my query. Thanks in advance 😁

Comments (5)

• Victoria
    3 years ago

How thick is it? In comparison to the carpet, that is? Is there underlay also? What will it abut to at the top?

• Patrina
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Victoria the thread is 3cm thick and the riser is 2cm. The current carpet is short pile not sure of the thickness and has underlay. We plan to have a runner and the top be finished as in this picture with the landing fully carpeted.

• Victoria
    3 years ago

So is it more a replacement kit for treads and risers? Would have thought you could get something thinner. It will throw out the bottom tread.

• Patrina
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Vivtoria. I don't seem to be getting my notifications so apologies for my lack of response. Thank you for the recommendations however, have decided to go with the solid oak as I'm not a fan of veneer. I have also figured that the steps will level out as I'll be adding equal sized threads to each stair....I think it will work out. I think 🤔

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.