darren_brewer34

Ceiling flush extractor between joists

Darren Brewer
3 years ago

Hi, I'm remodeling out kitchen and we really want a ceiling flush extractor where our existing ducting is. The problem I have it that I can't find anything with a motor that sits between the joist that the fan needs to run across. I've got a Luxaire one which looked perfect but only runs with the joist, not across it ,which is what I need, so my only option is boxing which isn't ideal..
My joists are 30cm across and 219cm deep, has anyone come across anything that would work?
Thank you,
D

Comments (7)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

Try Falmec snd AirUno.

Don’t forget that old ducting is rarely as wide as needed with new powerful extractors

• Darren Brewer
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you, I'll take a look.

• HU-104814491
    last year

Hi, Airuno do a couple called the Slimline Classic and the Eclipse. The motor sits between the joists and the body of the hood sits on the ceiling. The motor can be rotated 90 degrees so you can duct across or along the joists (although a little shaving is required if installing across joists).

Alternatively in the budget range, there is the ViandPro Aria. This will sit flush between joists at only 207mm high, but can only be ducted along the joists. So if your joists run the opposite way to the hob, this won't work.

• Mary Jenner
    last year

Hi everyone. We have exactly the same question, and the same dimensions. Can I ask what fan you ended up with? Thank you

• Mary Jenner
    last year

Thanks for getting back to me. That does look good. Which fan is it?

• Darren Brewer
    Original Author
    last year

Its made bu Luxair. I can't remember the model now I'm afraid but it was the same shape as our in line hob. The fan is slightly offset from the middle of the unit, which is annoying, but the boxing helped.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.