andrew_robinson97

Best colour to go with walnut fitted furniture

Andrew Robinson
10 days ago

Hi everyone,

I was hoping for some inspiration.

I am about to paint my room. I am a single 40 year old man and my room is currently white walls all the way around.

I would like to have a change. I am thinking a darkish grey on the main wall (facing the fitted wardrobes) and then a very pale grey (almost white) the rest of the way around...leading up to the fitted wardobes. Does this sound ok? Anyone got any better ideas?

Also, what colour carpets would you go for with this scheme? The room is medium sized.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy :)

• Ellie
    10 days ago

Do you have some pics of your room?

A dark grey or blue/grey does go well with walnut furniture

• Andrew Robinson
    10 days ago

Thanks very much. Yeah. Here's some photos.

Covey Kitchens
    10 days ago

When choosing colours for a room, tend to stick to either warm tones or cool tones. They are tricky to mix.

Walnut has red (warm) tones whereas grey/blue tends to be cooler tones so might not merge as well together. when you start looking at a colour chart, start at the creams and reds and look for a greyish colour in those columns rather than picking a cold blue/grey.

if you feel brave and you think you're getting your eye in, you could try looking at green/grey because green is the opposite colour to red so also works.

good luck
    Emily x

• Sonia
    10 days ago

I think a dark grey wall behind the bed will look good. Most photos I’ve seen of walnut bedroom furniture tend to have very pale or white walls. You can also improve the room by adding artwork such as a nice big print over the bed, white bedding with some cushions and a throw to jazz it up a bit (See picture below). I would also get rid of those vertical blinds (too officey) and hang curtains in a similar shade to your walls. A nice padded headboard will cosy things up too. It is a fine balance to ensure the room doesn’t look dull and grey, so ramp up the accessories. Do you know whether the room is south facing? Light can make or break a grey room.

• Andrew Robinson
    9 days ago

Thanks for your help guys