can anyone help with kitchen diner ideas please?

Anna L

We are hoping to knock down three smaller rooms and add extensions and end up with a footprint like this. Really keen to have as much window/glass as possible. At the longest the room is 750cm, width is 580cm. Have seen symmetrical island/ table look I like but can’t work out where to put kitchen units if we are keeping glass. I have played around with app and put windows on three extension walls.

The existing walls (including the annoying one jutting out from rear wall need to stay....)

• Ellie

You really need to sketch out a floorplan first with all measurements/windows doors marked on.

In the pics above you have some space at end of Island/table, nearly 2m in length? That's a lot of wasted space, do you plan anything in that area eg armchairs? Not really long enough for sofas. Is there any reason you need glass at sides as well. 5m of glass on your end will bring in loads of light.....and it would free up walls for more useable space.

OnePlan

You need to factor in the annoying jutting wall into the plans to make it work - ie maybe create a walk in pantry here or utilise that fit a FF to stand by its etc etc ... you also need to work out a balance between windows and required wall space ... a concept planner ( like us) could be useful if you aren’t used to planning things like this - as this is what we do, day in day out !

Ellen Utley Interiors

Good Morning Anna,

What spectacular space this will be, how exciting!

First of all we need to know more before making recommendations. Recommendations and designs may include the following advice:

- utilising tall cabinets or a pantry space ensuring enough storage. Thereafter the rest of the kitchen can be designed to ensure enough workspace and the right feel.

- some window seats could provide the continuation of the kitchen up to and under the windows

Through working with an expert you will find that we create the brief with you providing ideas of features which will suit your lifestyle.

If you would like us to create a floor plan for you we offer this service remotely. The first step is to get in touch to discuss what we can do for your budget - either private message or phone call is great.

Thank you for sharing, this is a really fun project.

Kind regards,

Sophie Ellen

Ellen Utley Interiors

Covey Kitchens

I agree with One Plan about using the jutting out section for a panty or tall units. If this room is all about the glass, currently everyone at the table and whilst cooking is looking at the side walls and not into the garden, you've got a great width to play with if the main flow through the doorways work, how about twisting your plan 90° and having the table by the big window and then chef can also have a view outside?

If you want to bounce some ideas around for free, just get in touch but good luck, looks like a great space!

Emily x

• Lea AS

Hello Anna

I agree with the previous comments.
    I think that the dining table is kind of a challenge. It would help if you make a seating area at the island like the one in the picture. I think it would become easier to work on the rest of the space.
    and I also recommend putting the focus on the wall between the windows in order to make the most out of the light and the view coming from the windows.

Good luck,
    Lea