tashmina_hoque

Leather sofa and frabric loveseat...help!

Tashmina Hoque
3 years ago

Hi all

I have my heart set on buying a loveseat - for myself of course! It only comes in fabric options and I love the pink colours n will go with the grey if needed. However, I share my home with 3 young children who are filthy animals, and in order to be practical, we need to replace our current leather sofas with leather again.

We've found a simple large leather sofa we like...but I have no idea what colour would go with the love seat I want. I've pasted the pics of the loveseat I'd like in the chosen colours and a pic of the potential leather sofa....how do I choose a colour that would go with loveseat and also how do I make them work in a small living space (with light wood coloured flooring)?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you! (also, now I've posted the pics, I don't know that there's any way of making them coordinate...I could cry!)

Comments (11)

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Here’s some I found, but there are loads out there. Not sure what your budget is, but do any of these appeal?

• Cee Z
    3 years ago

I think it depends with your colour pallet in the room. I love that love seat and I absolutely love the leather sofa. I would personally go for either the pink or grey loveseat with the leather sofa.Hope that helps you decide.

• Julie C
    3 years ago

I agree with sonia. I don’t think colour is the issue but the styles are too different. Once you get the styles right I would say that you should be able to get coordonating colours by using cushions with both colours in.

• Julie C
    3 years ago

Ps love the sofa! I can sympathise. My daughter is now 22 and still leaves yoghurt pots and spoons etc on the sofa!!

• ali270
    3 years ago

Agree with Sonia . A lovely sofa but a style clash with your choice of love seat . I have made many expensive mistakes and wish Houzz had been around then to help !

• Tash H
    3 years ago

thanks all. I think I'll have to save my loveseat for another day n another corner of the house...

• Julie C
    3 years ago

tash don’t give up on your dream! Instead you could choose a different leather sofa. One that has the same style ie the pillow arms

• Joanna Kelly
    last year

Hey, came across this one, maybe that would suit you better: https://lavacorners.ie/en/product/zara-armchair/

• Jo Bloggs
    last year

Well I'm going to go against the grain here. I think you can have your navy sofa and team it with the dusky pink (the pic in the centre). The key to bringing it all together is accessories. Scatter cushions on loveseat and sofa in same colour and fabric eg. Cut velvet or chenille covers in navy and dusky pink. I think it can work.

• tamp75
    last year

I love the colours of the loveseat & think either of the links would go with the sofa… but I wonder if the style of the loveseat might overwhelm the ‘small living space’ you mention. It looks like a big sturdy design. Generally, when you can see under large items it generates a feeling of more space so having a loveseat on legs ( similar to the sofa) might help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.