melanie_duncan18

Help!! Garden design

Melanie D
3 years ago

Hi, new poster here. We are looking to design our garden to give us a lovely space to chill and enjoy. Bit of background... since moving in 5 years ago, our energy has been spent on renovating the house so the garden has been neglected. The garden is pretty much split in half by a middle section of trees but whilst this gives us privacy from the house at the back we can't see our son play and the whole thing has become a bit of a dumping ground. We would like to open up the garden but if possible retain or relocate the trees (not conifers) to at least provide partial screening from the house at the back. For the next few years the play area and trampoline need to stay but we have space at the side of the house for the shed to go so that will come out.

The only thing that works currently is the location of our furniture, because it is outside the doors we use it all the time. There is an issue with levels so we need to retain the higher level outside the doors but
ideally we would like to replace the decking with paving. We need to incorporate space in the garden for the hot tub too. We want something fairly low maintenance as we both work full time. We have a budget of 15k so hoping that would be sufficient?

I've attached photos and a plan to show the shape.Also it's a south facing garden. I'd be so grateful to hear your ideas and tips because we are just at a loss at the moment.

Thanks in advance

As well as

Previously we weren't overlooked which was lovely but now the house at the back has removed large trees which means we are directly overlooked.

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.