woodenpaddler

Improve curb appeal!

Tom
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I have a 1970 raised ranch over 3 car garage/workshop. 2001 addition in back. Looking to improve on the plain look in the front. Cannot build out in front due to setback requirements. My ideas I mocked up in the first photo are to install new carriage doors, replace the vinyl siding with vinyl shingles on the front and left side only, put PVC trim board around windows and garage doors to replace the aluminum coil stock, install new white corner boards and skirts boards. I'm debating whether to put a visor or pent roof over the garages. The existing roof pitch is 6/12, with new standing seam metal roof.

One challenge is the windows are asymmetrical on the outside front though they fit the rooms inside. Thinking about a window planter under the right window to better balance.

Another project is to replace the deck and stairs on the side, which are used for the main entrance, with new wider more inviting stairs, using granite steps and stonework in the lower stair section, wood stairs in the upper section and porch roof over the deck. Some day put paving stones in front.

Am I on the right track!?!?

House Exterior · More Info

Comments (12)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.