annabelk2

Brushed steel or white plastic sockets and switches?

annabelk2
4 years ago

We have a whole house renovation (so no door handles etc yet), but need to choose sockets and switches. Sadly paintable switches are out of our budget and gold/ copper has been vetoed by hubby... so the options are brushed steel or white plastic. Which do you prefer? Any affordable brand recommendations?

Comments (7)

• Ellie
    4 years ago

If the wall is white then definitely white. Doing silver makes a feature of them, and sockets are not a feature in my opinion. if walls are not really light coloured then silver may be best

• annabelk2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks so much Ellie!

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I don't think they strictly need to always match but on a dark wall, definitely not white, any dark socket will disappear.

• annabelk2
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ah ok - we have a few dark walls. I will look at paintable switches for these.

• User
    4 years ago

I have brushed steel sockets and switches from B&Q. Look good and reasonably priced.

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Mine are all white. Definitely cheaper. To be honest a lot of sockets can be out of view anyway apart from the kitchen. There are some that are hidden within worktops or cupboards but I would imagine they are pricier.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.