webuser_703651673

Has anyone successfully transferred heat from stove to other rooms?

Heather Hill
4 years ago

We were in Australia last year and were fascinated by a system they use over there whicg transfers heat from their stove in ducting pipes in the loft and into vents in other parts of the house! I am interested to know if anyone has used a system like this in the UK. We live in a large bungalow and have a lovely 13KW stove in the living area but the heat doesnt spread down to the bedroom area. Would somehow love to get the excess heat from the living area to bedrooms somehow. Last night living area was 28C and bedrooms were 13C!! Any suggestions!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    4 years ago

Apart from leaving door open, and installing a small fan, I guess the only other option is to install another fire at the bedroom end ?!

• Tani H-S
    4 years ago

It was obviously designed that way to start with so there isn’t a huge amount you can do with your current stove except leave doors open as OnePlan mentioned above.
    We have a little fan on ours to push the hot air out but it will only reach so far.

Our bungalow is the same ie warm in th extension (all the living areas) as south facing and freezing on the North side. We have only just started to put the central heating on for 20 mins at night to take the nip out of the air in the bedrooms. Not needed the rads for our open plan rooms yet where the log burner is.
    Luckily we prefer a cooler bedroom! Ha ha

• Heather Hill
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I have a stove engineer coming tomorrow as he has a ducting vent system that he could install... it sounds very similar to what we saw in Aus. Looking forward to see what he proposes.

• rinked
    4 years ago

Such as this?

• Nina Thompson
    4 years ago

Install a back boiler heated by stove and run pipes and radiators off it?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.