kinchif01

Kitchen: To fix or not to fix!

kinchif01
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am remodelling my kitchen based on the design attached. The cupboard doors will be Matt White and made to look like pan drawers. The kitchen is north facing.

My kitchen is 1m shorter all round than the pic, so it will not include the bottom end of the model, although there is a patio door in the same position.

My kitchen is 3m 20 long and 3m wide.

my dilemma‘s;

1. should I copy the picture and have the seating fixed as shown, which also gives me more worktop space as well as a dining area.

2. Should I have a ‘normal’ table and bench set?

3. What worktop should I choose with Matt white doors, I like taupe and white together and have my eye on a lovely solid laminate worktop called ’causeway pearl’, the worktop is also a Matt finish.

4. Should I have the same work top for the ‘table’ as for the kitchen area, or have a ‘softer’ top for the table?

5. Should the colours blend in with the garden. Photo attached.

The sink will be in the run of units. I know this compromises my worktop space but there is only me. I am also changing my four ring induction hob for a two ring hob as I never use four rings for cooking.

My patio doors open out onto my garden which has white solid walls and grey decking. I have included a picture of the garden.

my kitchen leads from my lounge which has mainly taupe colours.

Thank you

Fran

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.