dileshthaker

threshold advice

dileshthaker
4 years ago

I have to join 2 wooden floors with a threshold. Between them there will be double doors. Could I get opinions / ideas from the community?

Comments (4)

• Sonia
    4 years ago

I would get a carpenter/handyman to make one for you. I had wooden thresholds upstairs and on the stairs from the carpet suppliers and they were ridiculously expensive. It wouldn’t take look for a handyman to make it up and fit it for you. Alternatively, there seem to be a lot of suppliers online who have them for sale.

• E D
    4 years ago

Are the two floors exactly the same height?

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago

(this is the third time of trying to post this - please Houzz sort it out)

When we had our kitchen done, we had our builder (one of whom is a trained carpenter) create an oak threshold to join the kitchen floor (LVT) to the (carpeted) sitting room floor, which were at different levels.

In the photo, the real oak is a slightly different colour to the LVT, but in real life there isn't a great deal of difference. I think it's looks pretty good considering what they had to overcome.

A competent carpenter/builder should be able to help you with a similar wooden threshold.

• W M
    4 years ago

Agree entirely.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.