mmihalas1

Refrigerator Panels

Manuel
4 years ago

Hi - can you clarify why the panels on the fridge do not line up with the bottom of the cabinets to the side of the fridge? Could the panels have been manufactured so that they all line up or did Miele specifically call for a larger lower hanging panel?

Blaine · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Karly Kristina Design
    4 years ago

This is an integrated fridge where the millworker needs to provide panels to cover the doors based on the spec. Unfortunately this results in a lower kick for the fridge but we didn't want that low of a kick throughout the kitchen which is why there is a change in height. We grounded the fridge with thicker gables to help the fridge/unit be treated as its own identity. You could definitely request your millworker to provide a kick to match what the integrated fridge kick results to be to keep the consistency and avoid needing to provide gables to ground the fridge.

• Manuel
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Is the kick on the fridge standard and the cabinet kicks are customized or is the kick on the cabinets standard and the kick on the fridge had to be customized to accommodate the Miele fridge?

• PRO
    Karly Kristina Design
    4 years ago

Im sure all millworkers have their own standards for their kick heights and would assume this fridge kick was its standard height as to why it resulted in a lower kick.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.