marinagaye

Help with bathroom layout needed please.

Marina
4 years ago

I would really appreciate some ideas on re-fitting this en-suite please. The first photo is the current plan and the second is the basic layout. Five photos are of the room currently (please excuse the clutter (the vanity is full of fiddly drawers and cupboards that nothing fits in). The final photo is one I´ve seen incorporating a bath into a shower enclosure.

I like having two basins, so would like to have that again.

The bath is never used. My OH would be happy not to have a bath, but I have reservations for the future for when the house eventually needs to be sold as it is the only bath in the house. I´m wondering whether to do away with it or go for something similar to the last photo. I´m worried though that it may make the room feel small.

Easy clean is a priority. I´m not a fan of lots of open shelving or fiddly things.

I would ideally like a larger shower than we have now.

I would like as much storage as possible.

The ceiling is very high and sloped as you can just about see above the shower. Here in Spain most bathrooms are fully tiled. Mine is currently tiled up to picture rail height and I´m thinking of doing the same again but without the horrid border. Open to other ideas though.

The floor tiles will probably stay. We have these throughout the house and although they wouldn´t be my choice they are very practical. I would like to change them in this room but I doubt we will be able to afford it and I would prefer to spend money on a smart loo (although my OH isn´t keen).

It would be great if a large heated towel rail would also fit in.

I like clinical looking shower rooms and white and pale grey with pops of colour in accessories.

This is going to be a large spend for us and it needs to last us a lifetime (nearing retirement age), so I really don´t want to make mistakes.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, thank you.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.