matt_harrison7926

Advice on Extension Costs

Maxi Jazz
4 years ago

Hello everyone,

Our renovation project has taken a few steps forward over the past week. We now have the measured survey back from the architect and a structural engineer has been round to inspect the footings of the current rear extension. There are no definitive plans of what we are doing at this stage, it’s a case of exploring ideas and where money would be bet spent.

One idea is to extend on top of the current extension. The roof of this extension needs to be replaced anyway so it may be more cost effective in the long run.

The measurements are 6m x 3.5m (approx) so we are looking at 21m2. After reading several articles online I’m under the impression a timber frame is £1800 per sq meter exc. finish. So we are looking at £38k, let’s call it £40k for arguments sake.

Can anyone one give me any indication as to whether I’m on the right path in terms of cost? Based in Mansfield.

Photo of the rear of the house; ignore the shed that’s long gone!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.