sara_hira

cupboard makeover

Sara Hira
4 years ago

what would be the best design for my cupboard?

Comments (4)

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Paint? Perhaps one that co-ordinates with the room, or one that picks out a feature colour in the room?

Another shelf my be good in the lower part.

• Sara Hira
    Original Author
    4 years ago

what should I do to improve it? any ideas ? if i want to keep the same color

• Ribena Drinker
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

If you don't want to change the colour or paint it, I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by "improving it"?

I could suggest decoupage or stencilling, or highlighting the edges with gold or painting the inside a different colour to the outside/ painting the outside a different colour to inside. Make it look like a Mondrian with blocks of colours in squares. Explore chalk paint and distressing. Paint an abstract design of your choosing on it, paint it in a camouflage style.

Put LED lighting strip in the lower half to make a lighted feature shelf, or create an aquarium in it or glass fronted terrarium

You could cut a pattern of holes in the back panel and light it from behind, or even put coloured glass over the holes for a stained glass effect.

Other than just putting another shelf in, I really don't know what else there is to do. Perhaps put doors on the lower half or some sort of grille across the front?

Maybe put some small potted plants on the lower shelf?

You could inlay brass or mother of pearl. Or make a decorative pattern with tacks or nails with decorative heads.

Put cup hooks on the underside of the shelf and hang cups from it ....or tiny colourful bunting.

You could cover it in fake fur or faux leather. You could attach fringes and tassels.

Buy something different?

• Sara Hira
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thankyou so much for all your ideas.. I searched on them and really liked them!! Especially the LED strip one.. :D

Actually it's a study table and I want the theme of my room to be white and light gray..

so maybe I would paint it.. The chalk paint idea is really awesome.. Should I paint it gray or white ?

If you have anymore ideas regarding the study table .. do share.. Much appreciated :)

Moreover, what kind of study chair would be the best for the white and gray theme..

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.