millchrisdevelopmentsltd

Before & After - Derelict Basement to Self Contained Flat

This project is part of a larger refurbishment, however, by concentrating on the basement first and getting it completed - the clients can rent this out whilst the rest of the refurbishments take place!

The basement of this period townhouse was dark, damp and derelict. It had no immediate access to the garden, and was unliveable. We have since reconfigured the layout to give them a self contained flat with direct access to the garden. It has it's own private street entrance, a double bedroom with an ensuite, a storage room, a separate WC and an open kitchen and living room with it's own utility room! By adding steps up to the garden and a sky light, it makes the whole space much brighter and you wouldn't think you were in a basement!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

More photos:

Chris Goodchild

Nice job, I hsve seen quite few of these basements that serm such a waste because nothing is ever done with them.

MillChris Developments Ltd thanked Chris Goodchild
    May Interiors

WOW what a transformation! I love the dark green bath room tiles!

MillChris Developments Ltd thanked May Interiors
  • Patrina
    Fab transformation:-)
    MillChris Developments Ltd thanked Patrina
  • E D

Internally it‘s all looking very good.

Not really matched by the exterior.

I wonder if there wasn’t a more attractive way.

Is there any garden left?

MillChris Developments Ltd

Thank you E D!

So this is only part of the whole refurbishment project - the rest of the garden will be re-landscaped and designed to tie it in with the basement entrance. Fortunately it is quite a long garden so there is plenty of space left. We will keep you posted!

Cranberryhome

Love the transformation!

MillChris Developments Ltd thanked Cranberryhome
  • Ribena Drinker

Good work, excellent job!

MillChris Developments Ltd thanked Ribena Drinker