christianbuildersltd

Before & After - Derelict Basement to Self Contained Flat

This project is part of a larger refurbishment, however, by concentrating on the basement first and getting it completed - the clients can rent this out whilst the rest of the refurbishments take place!

The basement of this period townhouse was dark, damp and derelict. It had no immediate access to the garden, and was unliveable. We have since reconfigured the layout to give them a self contained flat with direct access to the garden. It has it's own private street entrance, a double bedroom with an ensuite, a storage room, a separate WC and an open kitchen and living room with it's own utility room! By adding steps up to the garden and a sky light, it makes the whole space much brighter and you wouldn't think you were in a basement!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

More photos:

Comments (9)

• Chris Goodchild
    5 years ago

Nice job, I hsve seen quite few of these basements that serm such a waste because nothing is ever done with them.

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Chris Goodchild
  • PRO
    May Interiors
    5 years ago

WOW what a transformation! I love the dark green bath room tiles!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked May Interiors
  • Patrina
    5 years ago
    Fab transformation:-)
    Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Patrina
  • E D
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Internally it‘s all looking very good.

Not really matched by the exterior.

I wonder if there wasn’t a more attractive way.

Is there any garden left?

• PRO
    Christian Builders Margate Ltd
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you E D!

So this is only part of the whole refurbishment project - the rest of the garden will be re-landscaped and designed to tie it in with the basement entrance. Fortunately it is quite a long garden so there is plenty of space left. We will keep you posted!

• PRO
    Cranberryhome
    5 years ago

Love the transformation!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Cranberryhome
  • Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

Good work, excellent job!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd thanked Ribena Drinker
  • PRO
    Essex and London Construction ELC
    3 years ago

Looks like a great job guys! Good to see a bright basement and perfect for both the rental and resale markets!

Tara Taylor
Project Manager
Essex and London Construction, Basements, Extensions and Loft Conversions Limited
tara.taylor@essexandlondonconstruction.com
www.essexandlondonconstruction.com

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.