bubblesbathrooms

Who else is a fan of minimal tiling?

bubbles bathrooms and tiles
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This is a newly completed bathroom with hardly any tiles on the walls apart from in the shower and small splash-backs.

Do you prefer this look or do you still like a half height or fully tiled bathroom?

Hardly any tiles
Fully Tiled

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Eric Bates & Sons Ltd
    5 years ago

Minimal tiles and good quality water resistant paint lets you refresh the look without major disruption and for much lower budget. Bring in interest with mirrors, artwork, towel colour... the possibilities are endless. Wall-to-wall tiling and you're stuck with it for years!

• Martin
    5 years ago

My issue with half tiling is I think it often looks odd where the tiles meet the wall as in the above photos around the taps. Looks nice otherwise

• minipie
    5 years ago

I prefer minimal tiling but in the example above I would have done either no tiles or half height tiles behind the bath. The small patch behind the taps looks a bit odd to me.

• E D
    5 years ago

Yes, those small tiled patches just look silly.

• PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I don't disagree with you minipie and E D but again it's the clients choice. Thank you all for your comments

• EE BB
    5 years ago
    Love the tiles at the bath.
  • EE BB
    5 years ago
    Love the tiles at the bath.
  • 163 hrd
    2 years ago

This example and your previous post are really at opposite ends of the spectrum. i really prefer something in between. My own tiny room is half tiled at the height of the basin splashback, with the shower fully tiled in the same tile, and a decorative floor tile.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.