rishi_raja

bi-folding doors whistling and howling wind? please help

Rishi Raja
5 years ago
I recently had some wonderful bifold doors fitted across an 8m space. They look really great. However whenever there is wind hitting the doors it seems to create a whistling or howling wind sound within the rubber bits between the doors. my builder is trying to pass it off as nothing, but wanted to check if others experience the same and is normal? or if there is an issue and if anyone else has had this fixed somehow? it's driving me up the wall unfortunately. thanks for your help.

Comments (3)

• T Gray
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I don't have doors like that but any whistling sound surely has to be a faulty seal? Perhaps contact the door manufacturers to ask so you have backup when you speak to your builder again. Hope you have withheld some money until everything is done properly?

• Rishi Raja
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    thanks. yes. not given money fully as yet. this is one of the areas am unsure if its normal or not. good suggestion. will speak to manufacturer.
  • User
    5 years ago
    We have bifolds and that does not happen. It sounds like an installation cause, definitely worth contacting the manufacturer for clarification.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.