rona7770

help -advice on chimney stack eyesore

rona7770
5 years ago
Hi my husband asked me to get help from houzz - he dislikes the look of the back chimney stack which is an odd shape!

Comments (11)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Hi, bumping your dilemma :-)

• User 1
    5 years ago
    paint it black.
    rona7770 thanked User 1
  • rona7770
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you we did think of painting it black but obviously there is no going back once done. At the moment that is just render but will definitely consider it.

• rona7770
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Emily - we did think of growing a plant through it but left it too late this year. Maybe it draws your eye to it rather than away!

• 1shanson
    5 years ago
    Consider the following:
    Remove the existing small trellis from the wall;
    Paint the rendered part of the stack in a dark colour;
    Trellis the rendered part of the stack above the bend - make it substantial to ensure coverage;
    Install a tall statement pot at the base of the stack;
    Plant and grow jasmine up the support (choose from winter or summer flowering);
    Enjoy the lovely fragrance when you exit to your outdoor space and admire the pale delicate star shaped flowers.
    rona7770 thanked 1shanson
  • rona7770
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks so much that sounds like a great idea - do you think I should paint the trellis the same colour to blend in?

• 1shanson
    5 years ago
    It will not take long for the jasmine to cover the structure so colour will not be that crucial. Your paving looks lovely - you could always paint the trellis in a similar colour. Garden Shades do a couple of greys and coverage lasts for years. Good luck with your project.
  • rona7770
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks to everyone that commented here is the result

• E D
    4 years ago

Looking very smart. Well done.

What else have you done apart from painting it?

• rona7770
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Hiya put up some trellis to grow a wisteria.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.