keswing

Dormer room – Which walls to paint?

keswing
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there,

We’re planning on turning our dormer room (see below) into our 8 year old sons bedroom. It’s a strange shape and we’re unsure whether to paint all the walls the same dark blue colour or just paint some of the walls? What would you suggest?

I want the room to feel bright, modern, happy and cosy rather than dark and oppressive. The room faces East.

For information the dark blue colour we’re looking at, but still to decide on is Valspar Night’s Blue Arch, B&Q Colours Deep Blue Sea or F&B Hague Blue, with (I think) white ceilings and skirting and if we don’t paint all the walls dark blue then possibly a very light grey or off white on the other walls. We’re thinking of using a red, or burnt orange or as an accent colour.

Apologies for the state of the room it's currently our dumping ground! Oh, the cupboard below the window will be boxed in and a radiator put under the window instead.

Images we like

Navy Blue Boy Bedroom with Shed Dormer · More Info

Beach Style Bedroom · More Info

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.