liu_kathy

need help deciding on which backsplash looks best with calacatta laza

K L
5 years ago
I have a white kitchen and calacatta laza countertops. I have narrowed it down my backsplash selection into white chevron design or 3x6 white marble subway tiles. What are your thoughts on which would look best? I have gray wood floors. Also how high would you install/raise the backsplash around the bay windows?

Comments (107)

• B H
    4 years ago

Wow that turned out beautiful! Would you mind sharing a link or telling me the name of the tile/ where you purchased it? It looks similar to on I am considering.

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

Could I see more photos upclose of your laza countertops and white cabinets ? wanting a very white background and yours looks great !! What do you think ? @K L

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

J G and K L I’d love see more photos of your laza and how you think the laza is in your lighting in your kitchen! My worst fear is that it will look too creamy against my kraftmaid dove white cabinets HELP! I also live in a log cabin and want to do ship lap around it along with a stone type backsplash... any ideas?? Horrible photo bc we completely gutted our kitchen but here is a pick of the colors. Dark navy island

• K L
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The Laza is definitely not as white as the cabinet and it will show a slight difference in color since is a tad creamier, but it doesn’t really bother me. I wanted the veins so I went with it. MSI has other options for quartz that would match better but it did not offer the veins that I wanted.

• K L
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Contrast

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

K L thanks so much for the pictures! I think it looks great , that difference isn’t big at all

• sophadoph
    3 years ago

Doe anyone have a walll color for bright white cabinet with Calacatta laza counter and backsplash?

• S T
    3 years ago

I just saw this thread and love the selection you made. Would you mind sharing a link for the herringbone tile you went with? Thank you!

• felizlady
    3 years ago

In my opinion, the white of the backsplash should match the white of the counter.

• mmoneill23
    3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of how they seamed their Laza? I have a 13 foot island so we will need a seam. Thanks!

• Shilpa Patel
    3 years ago

@K L Hi there, I wanted to ask if your cabinets are white tub. I also bought Lhasa and I have white dove cabinets and was worried. I really appreciate your photos but wanted to doublecheck your cabinet color. Also can I ask about cost for countertop and installation? I am getting different beds, one bed is around 15 K and another is around 19 K. This includes a very big kitchen +3 bathrooms, with one of the bathrooms haveA 10 foot counter. Any insight would help me. Otherwise if you can at least provide the cabinet color, I would really appreciate it thank you so much!

• Amy Reed
    3 years ago

hey, me again! i can give you my

pricing, My counter space is 76sq ft and costs ~6k 2slabs 123x64 and fabrication/installation

• Debi D
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Renee Turner-Suter I think your kitchen is lovely. The cabinets seem to go with the countertop in the photo you posted, but you might want to check out these article for ideas:

https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-8-best-benjamin-moore-white-paint-colours-undertones-and-more/

https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/post/2020/03/19/dreamy-duos-quartz-paint-perfect-color-pairings-for-countertops-cabinets.aspx

Can you tell me what you have on your walls/backsplash? It's gorgeous and goes so well with the Calacatta quartz.

• Debi D
    3 years ago

sophadoph Consider Benjamin Moore Metropolitan or if you want something more dramatic and darker Benjamin Moore Hale Navy or Old Navy

• jeanniebalducci
    3 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but we also used the Laza and love it. We didn't want to overdo the white, so we went with a warm gray crackle subway with matching grout. Very inexpensive from Floor and Decor.

• wannadiferntlook
    3 years ago

So how is the quartz holding up to everyday use and exposure? I am starting my search for countertops...

• Bridgette Rydman
    3 years ago

I love the Chevron backsplash that you have picked out, it's gorgeous!

• jeanniebalducci
    3 years ago

We have had the quartz for 2 years. It is holding up very well. When the grandkids got a pink mark on the surface from wet red paper, it came right out with a little Softscrub. Though other every-day spills like wine and coffee clean up with water.

• christine_dean22
    3 years ago

So glad to find this thread! I’m trying to choose a backsplash also-very bored with plain basic subways. Love, live, love the chevron! The dark cabinets are making backsplash decision challenging.

Also...It looks like you installed a white quartz/granite sink. I’m struggling with what sink up put in with my soon to be installed Laza calcatta. We have dark cabinets. How is the white holding up. Would you do the same sink again, white, light gray granite or stainless?

• HU-1923248063067
    3 years ago

@jeanniebalducci Do you know the name/brand of your tile? I love the contrast!

• HU-1923248063067
    3 years ago

@jeanniebalducci, I’m also interested in the paint color on your walls just beyond your sink, in what might be the family room? Love your look!

• jeanniebalducci
    3 years ago

@HU-1923248063067

Thanks!

The paint is Benjamin Moore London Fog.

Tile from Floor and Decor is Villa in pewter, but I don’t think it’s available anymore.

• HU-1923248063067
    3 years ago

Thanks so much! I am just starting to pick out things for our remodel, but am loving the Calacatta Laza, and am looking at Dover for the cabinets

• Jennifer Najar
    3 years ago

I just ordered the same countertop to with my cream cabinets. I decided to do get rid of my cream subway tile and run it up for the backsplash. Thoughts? My island is a dark brown. I am painting it navy. Love how yours came out! So fun!

• Karen Brooks
    3 years ago

@K L Thanks for sharing your photos - SO helpful! I've ordered Calacatta Laza (#teamlaza!) but, like you, may have cabinets that are too bright white. Are your cabinets pre-painted or did you paint them? Also, what wall paint did you use? Thanks!

• sovalbk
    3 years ago

What color white are your cabinets?

• rbandboys
    3 years ago

jeanniebalducci what color white are your cabinets?

• Stephanie Seraphina
    3 years ago

Can you tell me the name of the chevron pattern? And manufacture? What did you decide?

• Leslie Ann
    3 years ago

I love my Laza counter top with distressed Grey cabinets, Sherwin Williams Sea serpent Blue island, and Splendours White 3 x 6 backsplash and Coretec King Canyon Oak flooring. It is beautiful together.

• CandyJo Crane
    2 years ago

Do you have pictures of your backsplash and paint color? We just ordered Calcatta Laza today and next steps are picking backsplash and deciding on cabinetry and island paint color. yours sounds lovely and similar to the look im hoping to achieve

• rbandboys
    2 years ago

We are going with The Tile Shop Splendours white subway tile. It is a light grey white.

• Karen Brooks
    2 years ago

This thread helped me out... We just finished our kitchen and I love how it turned out. So glad I chose the Calcatta Laza countertops.

• pvandervort
    2 years ago

Karen Brooks your kitchen looks beautiful! Do you mind sharing what subway tile color/ manufacturer you went with and grout color? It looks great with the Laza!!

• PRO
    Elaine Gauthier Art
    2 years ago

Wondering how the cost of Laza as a backsplash compares to an averaged priced backsplash.

• umafaye
    2 years ago

Karen Brooks your kitchen is beautiful! Would love to know the backsplash details - color, manufacturer, grout, spacing... Thank you!

• shannon_kirwan
    2 years ago

Also would love to know the details of your backsplash. Thanks!

• Karen Brooks
    2 years ago

Umafaye and shannon_kirwan, I originally intended to used white subway tile as backsplash but when I saw this it was meant to go with Laza. the accent in the middle (in person) has a subtle woodgrain texture/ feel. The wall color is Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray 25% darker. Hope that helps. Heres info on tile.

• Becky H
    2 years ago

@Karen Brooks love your BS! Ive had a sample of the mosaic tile behind your range for months! I loved it when i saw it! I didnt know if itd even go with anything im doing but had to buy a piece. Im doing Laza countertops with SW pure white cabs with maple stained island. I had kinda decided on F&D zellegi tile but now need to go get samples of your BS. Thank you for sharing!

• Karen Brooks
    2 years ago

@Becky H I think the mosaic will look beautiful paired with the maple stained Island. I'd love to hear what you think of the tile BS.

• j santanello
    2 years ago

I have very white shake cabinets and am installing laza and hoping it is not too creamy I am doing a simple 2 x 9 subway that transitions the tones with a soft gray grout that matches the laza. My color will come from the surroundings and my woodtones

• HU-59927952
    2 years ago

Karen Brooks, great kitchen! What paint color did you use for the cabinets? Thanks!

• seibtribe
    2 years ago

jeanniebalducci your kitchen is beautiful n love the backsplash, do you remember the paint color

• Susan Shapiro
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

need a paint color for the cabinets (a white) and walls (a gray) to go with calcutta laza. hardware will be black. suggestions?

• goodiesforus
    2 years ago

Hi Karen Brooks, Your kitchen looks lovely. Could you please share the color of the grout used with your backsplash? I would like to use the same.

• cartsoph2013
    2 years ago

I know this is an old post but any chance you can tell me the name of the 2 hanging lights you chose? Love them.

• Ann Seib
    2 years ago

I know this is an old post as well, but was wondering if Ashely Phillip's would post a picture of her finished kitchen. The samples looked great on the floor. My daughter did a navy island as well but still struggling to pick out backsplash, kitchen table and light fixtures. She choose a less gray look since going with the champaign hardware and SW Asthetic White paint color. Also trying to decide if she should paint patio door black as one decorator suggested and trim black or leave trim wood color. The whole house is wood brown trim and doors that are all in good shape, she can't afford to change all to white and not get as good a quality. Any suggestions appreciated to get this kitchen to the finish line.

• nikkidooley
    2 years ago

I am Installing Laza quartz countertops and am very Interested in using the same as my backsplash like how J G and Milo Pompeii both did. Did you both Install the backsplash at the same time as the counters or did you do it after the fact? Was the backsplash quartz from the same slab or order as your counters? I want to add the backsplash separately but I’m afraid the counter quartz won’t be a perfect match. Any input or photos from everyone would be greatly appreciated!

• Susan Shapiro
    2 years ago

Used the quartz as backsplash

• Ann Seib
    2 years ago

very pretty, but not an option at this point

• ebroman29
    last year

@Karen Brooks what color white is your cabinets. It looks wonderful with calacatta laza

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.