goodnitegracie

Siding over stucco in recessed entryway?

5 years ago

I have a recessed entry that is currently covered in stucco that is painted the same pale green/blue as the rest of the house I would love to cover just this entry with some kind of decorative siding to set it apart and give it some architectural interest. I plan to change the color of the house when we repaint. Trim will most likely stay white, door will be a darker color, and there is a window to a bathroom on the wall next to the door as well as the window in the foreground.

Does anyone know if this is doable? Could be it be a DIY or is it a contractor project? Is this an insane idea that no one would ever think to do? I can't find much information apart from stuff about redoing the siding on the whole house. We live in Southern California and this is a mid-century ranch.

Thoughts? Ideas? Recs?

Comments (5)

• 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Why don't you paint the door an amazing color instead and get a great doormat, add colorful plants? Or get a new MCM door in a bright color,

add planters, lighting fixture, in that style?

International Style · More Info

Los Altos Mid Century Modern Home · More Info

Tristan 1 Light Outdoor Wall Sconce 12" High, Textured Black · More Info

• PRO
    5 years ago

Adding simulated stone can really change the look of your entry, bringing in color and texture.

• 5 years ago
    following.... your entry looks just like my ranch in so cal. I was going to paint my door black but houzz community talked me into brighter color due to the covered walkway, I ammthinking Wyeth Blue
  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

OP, it might help get additional responses to post additional pics of the front of your home showing the whole front. Post them here in the comment section.

• PRO
    5 years ago

I agree some pics of the whole house . No to a dark door and a new light fixture and some great pots filled with plantings would all do wonders to make the entry stand out.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.