gbeverick

80s House Needing Curb Appeal

G Beebs
6 years ago

We purchased this house because we love the inside but I really dislike the outside. We don't have a huge budget for remodel so I'm looking for more simple ways to improve the curb appeal and take away the 80s look as much as we can. My style is mostly traditional and we are located in the suburbs of Houston, TX.

I have looked at the possibility of painting the brick but I

have to get approval from my HOA and I've heard that they have never approved a brick painting request so I can't count on that.

We currently have vinyl siding and would like to switch to Hardiplank at some point. When we do that, would a different color help out problem? If so, what color? I know the siding looks very dirty in the first image, we have washed it since then!

And of course there is landscaping. I plan to remove the squatty palm on the left and replace it with a magnolia tree. I'm not sure what to do with the rest. I do NOT Have a green thumb so it needs to be fairly low maintenance!

Thanks in advance for any input :)

Comments (18)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.