tripti_pareek

Living and dining room decor help + Home Bar idea

Tripti Pareek
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for some help pulling together my Living and Dining room with an idea of the home bar as well. It's looking a bit bland at the moment. I personally like modern and slick designs and also

like to keep the room as light as possible. Would like to introduce some pops of colour - feature dining wall, rug, cushions, art work and some pendent light on dining table.

My Idea

---------------------------------

* Planning to remove the wall which we have at entrance (treadmill as well ) and create a home bar. looking for something ready to use bar or room divider which could be use as bar. Already had some design in mind but that's so expensive including labor + material cost

* Will remove the TV cabinet and will wall mount the bigger TV. Also need to remove the red and black wall paper and thinking of putting white textured paint there with slick TV unit

* We recently bought the sofa and done the flooring which is cream and white so we can mix any colour theme with it which is a plus point :)

* Wants to colour the dining table wall as a feature wall in - Stiffkey, Hague Blue

* Wants to remove the existing dining and will replace it with glass top one

Questions

------------------------------

* I'm confuse about the wall behind the sofa, Do I need to colour it with the same blue and keep it white only ?

* Which pendent light will go with the look?

* which type room accessory (coffee table, rug, decorative) will look good?

* Big worry is Bar how to implement the whole idea ?

* Floor plan will be great - can I use any tool ?

Keen to get any suggestions or advice on layout, furniture or how to pull the room together whole still keeping it light and bright!

I've posted a layout diagram in the next post!

Thanks a million!

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.