orangekey

1970s Estate House Makeover

Before: Classic 1970s Housing Estate Detached House

Our client wanted a contemporary exterior makeover and 2 storey side extension, together with an internal remodel and rear glass extension

After: Modern Exterior and Interior Refurbishment

We updated the exterior look of the property, added a 2 storey side extension, opened up the internal layout and added a rear glass extension and covered patio

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Orange Key Design Studios
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you! Our client loved it too.
  • Daisy England
    6 years ago
    Oh wow that's a bit different. Very nice.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thank you Daisy England!
  • Kathy
    6 years ago
    My house looks similar to the "before" photo. Unfortunately my budget doesn't run to a renovation. Any ideas for a little cosmetic update?
  • PRO
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Hello! Without knowing your budget it's tricky to give definitive advice. If your budget doesn't stretch to extending, updating the exterior, by rendering, adding cladding or changing the windows, CAN be a cost effective alternative. It can change the way you feel about your home and give it a fresh new feel. Whatever you do, our advice is to do the best you can afford and choose the right professionals to help you.
  • PRO
    New Frontier Developments Ltd
    6 years ago

That looks amazing!

• Julie Norris
    6 years ago

Love this! Bet the neighbours are all very jealous of this beauty in the street!

• PRO
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks for your comment Julie. We are currently working on a design for the next door neighbour but one....
  • wallpaperwarrior
    5 years ago
    Di you need planning for exterior finish changes such as this?
  • FirstRenovation!
    5 years ago
    The rear extension looks very interesting. Just wondering if the covered area over the patio is fully covered or has slats? Does it impact the amount of light that enters the house behind it?
  • janet_allen8
    5 years ago
    Stunning! Looks like a fantastic job both aesthetically & functionally ... any interior pics or up to date exterior to see how the cladding looks now. Really love it
  • mattweeksdj
    5 years ago
    Looks really good. My only worry would be the cost of the renovation pushing it above the ceiling price of the estate. I only say that as we also have an ex council house on an estate and very wary of what we do to ensure we don’t pump too much money into it.
  • E D
    5 years ago

Looks great, but I wonder what the timber looks like now with the passing of time (post is more than two years old).

• Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

Good point E D I didn't realise it was an old thread. I'd be most interested to see how it has matured.

• ofabat
    3 years ago

Hello, could you let us the cladding you have used and an approximate price for the cladding? Thank you! Maria

• Adam Beaumont
    3 years ago

That's an incredible transformation. Well done!

• Eileen Wiwe
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Oh, wow, beautiful job! May I ask what the budget was? I see the post is 4 years old, but I wonder what the price of a renovation like this would be now. I have a decent, small house located on a beach. Currently, I'm a tenant with the help of playarealestategroup.com, but I'm planning on buying my own home. The real estate agency I mentioned only does business in certain places, and I'd like to move to the US. If you or anyone has some information about house prices in the US, I'd be grateful :)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.