sparklybloom

How can I incorporate this look without paying a lot for floor tiles?

Jade Byng
6 years ago

I’m having my kitchen redone and already have a great layout for the kitchen but wondering how to style it.. I am keen on a mix of classic and contemporary, maybe a bit more edgy. I particularly like geometric tiles in cube patterns but it is far too expensive to do my kitchen flooring with these tiles. I will probably be going for vinyl wood effect tiles laid in herringbone pattern. I have wondered whether to go for a geometric tile backsplash as a compromise, but had originally set my heart on square zellige tiles. I‘m now wondering whether creating blinds and curtains in a geometric cube fabric would work. I think it would be ok on roller blinds but perhaps not work so well on curtains when they are gathered. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to achieve this look or any fabric suggestions? I’ve steuggled to find fabric in that pattern in the dark blue colour I’d like. I can’t tell whether my overall plan for the kitchen will come together and work or look a bit of a mish mash! Here is a photo of a kitchen with the geometric flooring and a slightly clearer one in a bathroom:

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.