amhers104

Need help finishing new room! Don't want make another mistake!!

amhers104
6 years ago
We ordered two sofas, a leather swivel chair and rug through Ethan Allen for new house. Not loving the rug that I ordered from Ethan Allen which I paid a decent amount of money for. The decorator I worked with felt that a 9 x 12 would be a good size based on dimensions of the floor plan. I am not sure if it is too small. Now I am thinking that i should have gone with something more plush- looking kind of cold to me. It is very flat- almost a sisal look. Also originally she thought two swivel chairs would work in room, but then felt 2 of the chairs wouldn't work so we went with one. Another mistake i think! One chair by itself looks lost to me. I still have to order coffee table and end tables for the room but am at a stand still!! Don't want to make any other costly mistakes! :(. The coffee table, and round table between the couches are only temporary. We brought them from our other house just so we have something to put things on. I also brought our bedroom end table out this morning to just get an idea of how it would look with in a table only half on the rug. As you can see it looks horrible!!!
Desperately need advice on how to make this room work. One option is to start fresh and use the rug in our bedroom. However, really would not have spent this price for a bedroom rug. The house is near the beach- want a casual look and relaxing feel to it. I am NOT at all contemporary – looking for a more transitional stye. Would like to do blues and greens in the room, which is open to kitchen and dining area. Once I figure out the layout and rug then i will work on window treatments and possibly painting the walls. Right now I just have the temporary "paper" blinds up from Home Depot.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (45)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.