directlightingalbany

Mould in a bathroom.

Direct Lighting Albany
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have recently had the grout in our shower recess replaced. Within 9 months this is already going mouldy. Added to this Silicone was used in the corners and this is going mouldy as well. Has any body got any ideas how to remove and prevent it coming back

Comments (11)

• annb1997
    6 years ago

Have you tried spraying it with undiluted bleach? Also, is there adequate ventilation in the room?

• oddbailey
    6 years ago
    We used a company called the Mould Doctor for our bathroom. They sprayed a fog which kills all the spores. It has not returned at all.
  • PRO
    Direct Lighting Albany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

thank you so much for those comments. There is a window in the bathroom and this is open about 10cm . Re the mould doctor, we live in australia. Do you know what product they use.

Greg

• oddbailey
    6 years ago
    I am in Melbourne but I'm pretty sure they are Australia wide. Their website will have more info but they do a free inspection first and give you report outlining treatment etc. I was very glad to leave it to the professionals.
  • PRO
    Direct Lighting Albany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Their website does not shoe any in wa .

But thanks anyway. I will give them a ring

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago

Hi

When you say it is going mouldy, do you mean the floor or wall?

If it is the floor then you may have an issue with poor falls / large tiles causing water to pond (great to start mould).... which means it will keep coming back.

Cheers

• John Henson
    6 years ago
    Clove oil kills mould spores. Bleach only colours it and it will return.
  • LesleyH
    6 years ago
    I used vinegar first to kill the mould. Then I soaked cotton balls in bleach and put it over the silicone for 3 or so hours. Couldn't believe it worked so well.
  • PRO
    Direct Lighting Albany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

thank you

• Salencia Howerny
    6 years ago

better call for a professional service

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.