Is there insulation in the ceiling? Is that the exterior roofing showi

60janner
6 years ago
Calistoga Barn · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Paul Kelley Architecture
    6 years ago

This was a fun solution. The rafters, sheeting and roofing were original but overspanned by today's codes. In reconstructing the building we dropped the rafters and roofing down so they became the interior ceiling. Over that we placed new structural rafters with insulation and then new plywood sheating for shear and new corrugated roofing above to create a corrugated insulation sandwich. We similarly treated the walls - where there were no walls before, just vertical boards. We moved the boards to the interior, framed and insulated walls and surfaced the exterior with new siding. Because this project is in a fire prone area, the exterior new materials had to be fire resistant and meet certain code requirements. Thanks for the question.

• 60janner
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks, beautiful room!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.