hzdeleted_8489027

Anyone have experience with Smoke Embers (Benjamin Moore)?

User
6 years ago

I think I have decided on Smoke Embers for a south facing room that gets a lot of light. I have watched it at different times of the day and it seems to have a consistent warm grey tone in the space. I was deciding between Stonington Grey and this one-- Stonington was skewing too blue. I need something that reads grey but is slightly warm as I am trying to pick up the tones in a rug that is a dark warm grey and cream.

Anyone painted this color? Does it skew any particular way unexpectedly in your experience (does it go purple, green, blue, pinky?) Any thing I should watch out for?

Comments (9)

• PRO
    Reid's Handyman Service
    6 years ago

I just used the Stonington Gray in house I painted for a client, along with Apparition. Smoke Embers didn't make the final cut due to the green hues in certain light. In that house the Stonington Gray went more purple and and Apparition hinted slight blue. So you may give Apparition a shot, as a more true gray.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Be careful Smoke Embers can give a blue/silver cast if you don't want any type of blue gray than this is not your color!

Look at SW Ozark shadows it is a little mucky so it cuts the blue out..really beautiful gray.

• Tiffany Brown
    5 years ago
    We painted Storm Embers in our living room. It can read a very slight purple undertone depending on the lighting in our house. But it’s warm and we love it.
  • karinrimstidt
    4 years ago

Smoke embers is a very changeful color. In our darkish room, it looks quite blue. It didn’t look anything like the pictures and home that I saw it painted with. Very disappointed. Must say, though, that this paint is a pleasure to work with. Now I know to paint a section before committing and look at it in all kinds of light. Enjoy! Hope it works nicely for you!

• puddycat902
    3 years ago

My friend painted Smoke Embers in her dining room looking for a gray. It is a beautiful light blue! She used the rest of it in daughters bedroom and it is a lovely lavender!! She is quite happy but not what she expected.

• M Vogel
    last year

I' ve had Smoke Embers in my living room and dining area for 6+ years and have disliked it intensely since I moved in. It reads as "stone"...brown undertones and at times almost a pinkish brown. I'm gearing up to finally repaint. It definitely depends on light as I also have it in the stairwell and upstairs landing and am fine with it. There, it is just a plain old gray.

• Stacey
    last year

I love Smoke Ember, it’s a beautiful warm grey color… like a purple beige grey. Looks fantastic everywhere in the house we’ve put it. We decided to use this color in all the upstairs bedrooms.

• ellen wallace
    last year

has anyone used Nimbus by Benjamin Moore....looking for a grey with beige undertones. Is it washed out in the sun?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.