goflyrm

Kitchen repurpose

goflyrm
6 years ago

just purchased this home and not a fan of the dark wood or cathedral style cabinet doors. But the bottom doors I like, the square raised panels. But there are new granite countertops?!?

Looking to get new doors for the tops and paint them all white.

Remove vent Hood and cabinet and get one with the long exposed duct.

Also closing the gap between top of cabinet and ceilings?

I also wanted an island (where floor is taped) but don't think it will look ok...?!? opinions?

Basically looking for color advice, lighting, flooring help...

Serious consultation needed! Please!!?! Thank you!

Comments (9)

• goflyrm
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Granite countertops..don't know the color.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I am all for saving and redoing, etc. But, not in your case. Live with it and then gut the space when you can budget a new kitchen into your financial plan.

• shirlpp
    6 years ago

Yes, continue the hardwood into the kitchen. It looks tight for a permanent island, so you might want to consider an island on wheels, as they tend to be smaller. Your plans for the cabinets sound great, and consider moving those open shelves over the sink. The granite is very nice......Best Wishes!

goflyrm thanked shirlpp
  • PRO
    Custom Curtains Plus
    6 years ago

I agree with the hardwood. When I am in homes with a lot of wood (trimwork, floor and/or cabinets) it always feels a bit warmer and more inviting. Good luck.

goflyrm thanked Custom Curtains Plus
  • goflyrm
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I don't like the idea of shelves. Not a fan. Also I need alot of storage without looking at it.

I also don't like wood floors in kitchens. I was thinking of slate looking g porcelain? White cabinets and changing door styles To a shaker?

• shirlpp
    6 years ago

Sorry, I meant I'd remove those shelves above the sinks - near the window. It looks way too crowded.

goflyrm thanked shirlpp
  • goflyrm
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Oh!! Lol yeah so dated rounded corners shelving! I really want to do something... Fresh, transitional. This is a 1984 contemporary cape. And this kitchen has got me stumped

• goflyrm
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Judy G I would love to do that, but that means I would lose alot more like the granite countertops.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.