designideas4me

Problems I am having in my front yard

designideas4me
6 years ago
As I am coming towards the end of a very long expensive and back breaking landscape project in which I took out all the grass and planted drought tolerant plants as well as using dg and crushed decorative rocks for the topping, I am finding it a daily task to try to keep the neighbors leaves,grass clippings,tiny tree and shrub droppings off my yard. Its very frustrating because as you know dg and small crushed stone looks beautiful when freshly put down but it is easy for accumulations of wind swept miscellaneous to get entangled within these toppings. So what do you suggest? The dg and crushed rock is not very solid as in having a hard crust,and I only hardened it with water.Even when I use a hose I notice the dirt under the dg seems to come to the surface and show through. Perhaps I need a thicker layer or I can now only water by drip which I have not fulling set up yet.I tried a blower but it was way to powerful and blew everything around. I am pretty meticulous but bending down every day to pick up all the debris is painful when you have a bad back. What suggestions can you give me to remedy these issues? Thank you,Debbie
Lawn Alternative · More Info

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.