625elizabeth

Master Bathroom

625elizabeth
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We just finished renovating our master bathroom and are thrilled. I was my own general contractor. I hired tile guy, plumber, electrician, HVAC and carpenter. Picked out all my own materials. We didn't move and walls and were able to use existing toilet, shower door, cabinets, mirrors and ...the cast iron bathtub (the most difficult part). Other than scheduling issues and finding a plumber willing to take out and reinstall a very heavy tub, all went smoothly. Took about 2 months from start to finish.

The grey paint - first coat looked blue. We had to switch to a color with more yellow and purple to get exactly the color that ultimately worked.

Glass cobalt blue knobs - love these. Light fixture from Etsy.

All Newport Brass fixtures.

Kohler grips - the ones on the tub before were gold. I found these Kohler grips in polished nickel on Amazon. They were NOT inexpensive. Added the hand shower for easier tub cleaning.

Towel warmer. Luxury.

The seat folds up when not in use. Added the second hand held shower which also makes cleaning easier.

Feels like a spa now.

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.