thomasdecruz

Waterfall query

We are looking to do a waterfalls on an indoor pool in the UK but are struggling to find anybody to do it. Can you tell me what system is 'behind the scenes", i.e., a pumps and extent of the pipework needed and whether there were any suction issues in the pool (i.e., a child being sucked against the outlets which draw water from the pool). Over here everybody makes out it is very complicated!

Also, roughly what was the cost of the whole installation?
Little Horn Residence · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    AquaTerra Outdoors
    7 years ago

Thanks for the question. Obviously this particular picture is of a hot tub/spa outdoors but the equipment set for an indoor pool and spa is not much different at all. Depending on the control system being used and any/all automation you are integrating with the controls the equipment set can look overwhelming. The basic equipment set would be a main filtration pump, filter, heater, possible additional water feature pump, valves, air blower and any inline sanitation devices.

For anti-entrapment all of our pools and spas are designed and built with hydraulically balanced, dual main suction lines that meet all national pool codes.

The cost question is difficult because it varies. Depending on structural requirements of the pool, finish materials and specific equipment the cost vary significantly. We recommend working with a design professional to help figure out the needs for your project and they can then provide a probable cost.

We hope all this helps, please feel free to reach out to us with any other questions.

Thanks

Thomas de Cruz Architects & Designers thanked AquaTerra Outdoors
  • PRO
    Thomas de Cruz Architects & Designers
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for your help - much appreciated.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.