l_cowley1

Reimagine Parker Knoll Wing Chairs - fabric choice?

l_cowley1
7 years ago

Ugly ancient Parker Knoll Wing Chairs need to be up cycled to trendy designer pieces?

Fabric choice?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Beltaine Designs
    7 years ago

What room are they going in and what is the style in that room? Do you have any pictures and we can make some suggestions!

l_cowley1 thanked Beltaine Designs
  • l_cowley1
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for your interest. We are planning to extend and remodel the downstairs area to create a large open plan space. We plan to keep our cream leather corner couch / lime dining chairs and charcoal dining chairs. Very pale colour wooden table and wall units. Will send some photos. The camera link below isn't working for me.

• minnie101
    7 years ago

You could go two tone on the fabric. Or Ines Cole does a lovely two tone chair with a stripe. It would be good to see the style of everything else though if it can manage to add photos

l_cowley1 thanked minnie101
  • l_cowley1
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The chair I'd like to transform.
    other furniture in the room
    curtains we might keep

• l_cowley1
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hadn't considered two tone but looks nice.

• mrsmcee74
    7 years ago
    Charcoal grey linen would be lovely.
    l_cowley1 thanked mrsmcee74
  • mrsmcee74
    7 years ago
    Or charcoal and cream ticking fabric.
    l_cowley1 thanked mrsmcee74
  • l_cowley1
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Looks like a bold statement but maybe a little too deckchair for me. Thanks for sharing your idea.

• PRO
    Beltaine Designs
    7 years ago

Using contrasting piping or two fabrics can always look smart and will not date.

Otherwise, you could just use a strong colour and add an interesting cushion if necessary. This would give you the opportunity to then bring another colour into the room.

Otherwise if you wanted to go for a pattern, the one you suggested would certainly bring in the lime green, but might look a bit too spotty...?

Something like this could look good: http://www.romo.com/collections/prints-weaves/cubis/chella/oxford-blue

Or something from this collection: http://www.romo.com/collections/prints-weaves/tulipa

These images are just from the internet.

l_cowley1 thanked Beltaine Designs
  • l_cowley1
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I like the piping idea - surprised how good they look in white. Thanks for the links I'll take a look.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.