paigebrasche

4" Backsplash Help

Paige Brasche
8 years ago
Hi Houzzers!

I'm about to get new countertops to replace these bad blue Corian ones. My countertop guy came out yesterday to take measurements. I told him I definitely did NOT want the 4" backsplash because, I'm planning on doing a tile backsplash all the way up behind the cooktop. That was not a problem with him, but he's adamant that I need the 4" backsplash to the left and right where the countertop butts up to the fridge and oven. I'm worried it's going to look absolutely stupid. He said he does it all the time, and it looks fine. I think the problem is the wood will be messed up when they take the existing backsplash off. Is there a way around this? Maybe a smaller backsplash? Some kind of wood filler or something? Ughh.

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.