alenacdesign

Indoor: Real or artificial plants?

AlenaCDesign
8 years ago

Plants are great to make home cozier and give organic look. At the same time, real plants need daily care to look always great... Artificial plants always look great but plastic will always be plastic... What do you choose for your interior?

Real plants are the best!
Artificial plants are the best!
Don't like any plants indoor!
Other, specify answer in a comment

Comments (17)

• User
    8 years ago
    I have easy care real plants around the house but for styling, expensive artificial. You pay a fortune but they look very real, most people can't tell. I think this one, if you can see it, was around £170
    AlenaCDesign thanked User
  • PRO
    Livingreen Design Ltd
    8 years ago

Have a look at http://www.livingreendesign.com/artificial-plants.htm lots of ideas for beautiful planters and artificial plants.

• Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

I love that idea Jo! Would never have thought about mixing artificial and real but that's such a great way to achieve a more natural look. Plus, less waste which is always a good thing.

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Great web site Livingreen Design Ltd!

• Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

These are my current favourites but I'm definitely going to try using a mixture of fake and fresh next time to hopefully replicate the vivid colour.

AlenaCDesign thanked Ocean Clarke
  • PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    8 years ago

There are plenty of plants that do not need daily care to keep looking good. For example a peace lilly. I have one in my bedroom. Orchids are pretty easy to look after as well.

Also there are a lot of house/indoor plants that can be beneficial for your health too.

AlenaCDesign thanked Rob Crawshaw Photo
  • Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

Hi Rob,

I'd love to know which are good for your health?

• PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    8 years ago

Hi Ocean - they become good for your health by purifying the air from toxins in your home or other space. A peace lilly is one of the best and my personal favourite. See this website for some of the others that are considered the best, as researched by NASA!

• Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

A natural and equally beautiful air purifier - I'm not sure why I don't already have one! The Bamboo Balm looks especially striking. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Rob Crawshaw Photo, thank you for a great advice! Is it easy to keep peace lily in blossom?

• PRO
    Rob Crawshaw Photo
    8 years ago

No problem Ocean/Alena! I do like the look of them too.

And yes they flower all year around with regular feeding.

AlenaCDesign thanked Rob Crawshaw Photo
  • Ocean Clarke
    8 years ago

Great to know - thanks so much!

• PRO
    AG Interiors
    8 years ago

Real every time , although artificial plants/flowers are getting so realistic now that i could be swayed .....

AlenaCDesign thanked AG Interiors
  • PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Hello Alena,

I love real but I also have found that faux can look fantastic.. Here's an example of my own arrangement I made.. I'm rather delighted with.. : ))

AlenaCDesign thanked Amber Jeavons Ltd
  • PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thank you Amber, I really like your flower set, I even might steal an idea ;) It looks so fresh and organic, great mix!

• PRO
    Amber Jeavons Ltd
    8 years ago

Most welcome Alena,

Thank you! I have actually never really tried flower arranging before! I used the McQ ribbon for effect that I had kept from that florist but I bought the faux flowers from Oka! So I realised I can offer this service to my clients real or faux! :))

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.