charlesh555

Houzz app on Kindle Fire

charlesh555
8 years ago

Hi,
My Houzz app used to work fine on my Kindle Fire HD, but it's insisting on storing my country as US rather than UK. It's also quite an old version I think (v3.1.2) but this is the latest available on the Amazon app store.

Should updates be available through Amazon, or if not, can you provide a direct link to the latest APK file so I can install the update myself?
Thanks,

Charles

Comments (5)

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Charlesh555,

Here's a guide on how to change the country in settings:

1. Click on the menu button

2. Click on Your Houzz

3. go to account tab

4. Click on settings

5. Click on country

6. Select United Kingdom

7. The app should ask to restart, click "ok"

8. After the app loads again it'll be set to UK.

*You can see in the settings screen that it's set to "United Kingdom" after the restart completes.

Please let me know if it still resets to US.

We are working on a new version of the app for Kindle, so it should be available shortly! I'l keep you posted.

Thanks!

• charlesh555
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Emmeline,

I've followed those steps, but after restarting the app the country remains set as US.

Shouldn't the Android app just work fine on the Kindle? If you could post a link to where the APK can be found (Kindles aren't recognized as valid devices by the Google Play store) then I can try it and let you know.

Regards,

Charles

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Charles,

I've just heard back from the tech team. They've found the bug so the issue will be resolved in the new release. Unfortunately, I don't have a date when this will be available, but I hope it'll be by the end of this week.

• Jen Tindall
    8 years ago

Hello, I've just downloaded the app on kindle fire, and I'm having this same issue - it still defaults to US despite numerous restarts following the steps above.

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Jen,

We'll get in touch with the tech team about this, and I'll get back to you as soon as I have a response!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.