karenrobbo

Kitchen diner - design changes

karenrobbo
8 years ago

We are extending our kitchen at back and side and have had plans done. Our original idea for layout was this

Apologies if it's not too clear we only have paper plans that I took a pic of with iPad. I've drawn in kitchen units and 180x120 Island in kitchen with a 250x100 table in the extension. All are to scale. The units with x's are tall units for fridge/freezer and oven housing. The small room in the extension I want to use as a larder/ store room. We are also changing the doors from those shown to have much wider sliding patio doors.

my concerns are that the space in the corner of the extension is rather wasted. We don't need extra seating area and have a study already.

An alternative layout is this which incorporates the extra space into the pantry store room. Makes it very large though. I've also moved door which works better for kitchen area.

a third option is this with door to utility moved round corner and larger island in kitchen.

Would love people's thoughts as we are confused as to which works best and have been going round in circles for weeks!

other consideration is could we reduce how far we go out in the back extension to reduce loss of garden. Side extension makes use of wasted outside space so that's not an issue.

many thanks for any help.

Comments (12)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.