mmm124855

New apartment. Oddly shaped trapezoidal bedroom! Help!

mmm124855
8 years ago
We're moving and my bedroom is almost impossible for me to design; I've spent hours trying to figure out where to place things. One of the walls is completely made up of two large closets, and another a window and large air conditioner which sticks out. Please help me design the room. I enjoy minimalist designs but any are okay. The last image is of my current room so you have an idea of my mattress size and some furniture I may bring. Thank you!

Comments (4)

• Elle
    8 years ago

It's nice that you at least have 2 closets. It looks like you may have to float your bed in the middle of the room. The concept of having a small bedroom with most storage space in the closet(s) is more common in other countries so you may be able to get some inspiration from European design sites.

• studio10001
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Your bed looks like a fit against the wall to the right of the entrance, ( as you are coming in). I suggest you keep your bed table(s), readings light(s) and TV wall hung, with a swivel/articulating arm for the latter. The additional storage upright can be disguised with a fabric cover and velcro closures, if it still fits in the room. If you are leaving that piece behind, wall hung shelves are a more flexible option.

• mmm124855
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestion studio!
  • PRO
    Staged4Success
    8 years ago

I agree with studio, the bed will fit on the wall right of the entrance. Using hung side tables and lamps will optimize space usage.

Girl's Bedroom · More Info

Harwichport Interior · More Info

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.