shannonecrane

Soapstone, Marble, or Caesarstone

shannonecrane
8 years ago
We are in the process of remodeling our small kitchen and we can't decide between soapstone, marble, or Caesarstone. The reviews have been so helpful, but we are having a hard time making a decision considering there are pros and cons to the three types. We are going for a dark/black with some gray marbling look... And we want something that isn't super high maintenance or sensitive (the occasional wine glass may be left on the counter overnight). Would love to hear from any of you who have faced the same decision challenge!

Comments (2)

• blokeybloke
    8 years ago

Marble is too soft for a kitchen as it's prone to etching too easily & rings from wet glasses are commonplace.

Granite is the way to go but soapstone & caesarstone are a fine enough substitute if cost is a concern.

• PRO
    Trace Kannel Architecture
    8 years ago

If you are looking for something that is not high maintenance, I would suggest that you stick with Caesarstone. Of the three materials you noted, Caesarstone will continue to look 'new', while most marble and soapstone may begin to develop a soft 'patina' with typical kitchen use, including some staining (red wine, oils) and etching (tomatoes, citrus, vinegar). I've assisted many clients with their countertop choices. If an easy-care material is a high priority, I would encourage you to explore some of the many 'engineered' materials available. Good luck!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.