karovic

what wall color goes with medium cherry cabinets and toffee leather furniture with mixed golden colored tile

karovic
11 years ago
what colors would look best in the rooms and should I use all the same color or possibly paint 1 accent wall color? Right now it is a gray blue, but don't like it much. I would like to have a warm inviting open flow throughout the great room that includes LR, DR and kitchen. I cannot make a decision as I have a hard time visualizing. Please help! Thanks in advance, the more suggestions the better! :)

Comments (10)

• Darzy
    11 years ago
    I think I would to the kitchen wall(s) a medium tan/beige of the tile (or even Swiss Coffee), but the living room walls the "terra cotta dark tan/brown" color of the tile "Buckskin Pony". But, these are tricky colors. You'll have to test several shades to have each color complement the tile/sofa and cabinet color. It may take a few tries to get the colors just right.
  • karovic
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thanks, just wondering about gold color with green undertones or a softy taupe color. Waht are your thoughts on this?
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    I'd take the tile color (by the way, love that tile) and put it next to the gold/green paint samples and look closely to see if you see any relation to the paint chip and the tile. Or, at least complements each other nicely. Paint/tile on a monitor is really hard to suggest. Get a few paint samples and actually paint on the wall by the sofa, and next to the tile and cabinets and live with it for a few days to view during the day/evening. Colors on the wall look so different during the day. You could just use a lighter shade of the paint chip for the kitchen and the medium shade for the living room, and the lighest shade for the ceiling. That's pretty fool proof (as long as you pick the right first choice!)
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    Here's a gold with green undertones. I don't think it would complement tile/cabinets/furniture together.
    Traditional Dining Room · More Info
  • karovic
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. Someone else had mentioned BM lemon sorbet, what are your thoughts on that color? :)
  • karovic
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Anyone else have any ideas????
  • Darzy
    11 years ago
    I think Lemon Sorbet would be too "bright. How about Lemon Meringue? Maybe my response will prompt another suggestion. : )
    Mascheroni Construction · More Info
  • karovic
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Darzy, Is the picture you uploded Lemon Meringue?? I do like the Lenox tan pics, I'll have to get some paint and try to take a gander at it. Where do you get the pics when you suggest them?
  • PRO
    Ann Benoit
    7 years ago

Paint the blue the color of your kitchen floor. More cohesive and less jarring to the eye in an open concept home. Then carry that same paint color into every room with that same flooring.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.