emmelinewe

Win a hamper - vote for your favourite summer-inspired interior!

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

We’re celebrating that summer is finally here (officially anyway), with a competition!

We’ve put together 5 stylish and summery interiors, each with their own distinctive style. To enter the competition, all you need to do is vote for your favourite look and leave a comment in the section below, telling us what you voted for.

You’ll be entered into a random prize draw and could be in with a chance of winning a Fortnum & Mason hamper, perfect for the picnic season! By registering your vote and adding a comment, you're agreeing to our competition terms and conditions

The competition has now closed, thanks everyone for participating!

So what will you prefer - country, eclectic or Mediterranean style…?

Country
Eclectic
Floral
Mediterranean
Coastal
Other - tell us!

Comments (989)

• User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Voted Eclectic as that daybed looks great for a long read

• Sarah Wray
    8 years ago

I voted for country - I guess I'm just a country girl at heart!

• Liz Slade
    8 years ago

I live on the coast, what else would I vote for!

• Louise
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean - the kitchen is superb and I love the chairs outside
  • curlymasters
    8 years ago

I voted for the Mediterranean style.

• Clare Holding
    8 years ago

I love the country

• Gaynor Wall
    8 years ago

My favourite has to be the county style. Its a relaxed way of living with honest pieces of furniture made from natural materials. The look can all be softened with beautiful cottons, linens or velvets. Chalky colours can add a femine romantic touch or the brighter prime colours can add freshness. Its timeless and easy to live with. It turns any house into a home.

• marianne_hayton
    8 years ago

Have just arrived home from our holiday in France ,so for me it just had to be Mediterranean as the home is the centre of their family . The space and furnishings all reflect the freedom of thoughts and movements,the colours the of sky,sand , lavender and red wine all stay long after the holiday and are reflected in our homes.

• Emma Doyle
    8 years ago

Eclectic! Love the hanging baskets of indoor plants, and all the colour! So bright and uplifting.

• Fiona Riddell
    8 years ago

I voted for country. I love the neutral colours, so calm, clean and relaxing.

• sjl19
    8 years ago

I voted for Country - It's how i'll be decorating my new house.

• lyndsey cooper
    8 years ago

country!

• Emma
    8 years ago
    Definitely loving country. Inspiring us for our countryside home.
  • lucydouglas99
    8 years ago

Eclectic - It's definitely a skill being able to accommodate the kids' latest creations and family heirlooms in a look that works all within a family budget.

• alant1000
    8 years ago
    It's costal for me! I want the sound of seagulls and the smell of sea salt and suncream right this second!
  • Catherine
    8 years ago
    It's a tough call between country and coastal but I'm a sailor and therefore my soul draws me to the sea every time.
  • Jacqueline Roberts
    8 years ago

Loved the coastal

• lauralizpin
    8 years ago

Coastal = calming.

• Chirag Patel
    8 years ago

Mediterranean

• jannybl
    8 years ago

Coastal - I love the colours and the feeling of space

• cherryb45
    8 years ago
    It only took seconds to decide - Mediterranean! The others don't come near it.
  • uldamali
    8 years ago

eclectic - makes any house, even the standard newly built box type, individual and personal.

• carebear5674
    8 years ago

Coastal as it looks good

• Lisa H
    8 years ago
    Coastal awesome yeeeah
  • Lindsey Clark
    8 years ago

Coastal is my choice; the architecture is sleek & modern and Ive always wanted to live by the Sea!

• emmabimbo79
    8 years ago

Coastal is my favourite. I grew up and by the sea and spent the best days of my life on a boat on the ocean so it would bring back good memories!

• housey101
    8 years ago

My favourite is the Mediterranean as it makes me feel I'm always on holiday.

• michymoo1st
    8 years ago

Oooh brings back childhood holiday memories, time to switch off from the rat race.....lazy hot muggy summers, no clock watching, time just ambles by. The rustic look creates a warm hearty homely feel.

Emphasis on large gathering of friends/family flying over ....eating exciting regional foods and wines yummy!...now where is that cork screw!.....and passport! ....Has to be Mediterranean.

• Jo Hayes
    8 years ago
    Love the Mediterranean! Fantastic kitchen
  • Sarah Olumeko
    8 years ago
    I love the country is a lonely and warmly environment good for vacation.
  • neyawillmott
    8 years ago

Mediterranean anytime!

• okulu
    8 years ago

Eclectic - I can have everything I love all in one place!

• interior_design2
    8 years ago
    The decision was between Mediterranean and country but country definitely seemed more homely!
  • maggieandrichard
    8 years ago
    Hi Emmeline, I've just received an email saying I have won a hamper. Is this true?
  • Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

@maggieandrichard - Hi Maggie, I believe you have been in touch with someone from the team already, but yes, you won the hamper! Enjoy :)

• Emmeline Westin
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Everyone, as you might have guessed, we have picked our winner! Thank you so much for participating and for all your lovely, fun and smart comments. Keep your eyes peeled on the Advice section for future competitions!

• shivaha
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean is the best anytime ;-)
  • shivaha
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean is the best anytime ;-)
  • gazza1980
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean evokes happy memories of rustic al fresco dining, balmy evenings lounging on the terrace to that resonant soundtrack of crickets in the darkness, and old vineyards and Italian villas shimmering in the noonday heat, a shady refuge wine glass in hand and family and friends to wile away a happy afternoon......perfect
  • gazza1980
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean evokes happy memories of rustic al fresco dining, balmy evenings lounging on the terrace to that resonant soundtrack of crickets in the darkness, and old vineyards and Italian villas shimmering in the noonday heat, a shady refuge wine glass in hand and family and friends to wile away a happy afternoon......perfect
  • Niamh McG
    8 years ago
    Fresh and summery
  • architecturalpanda
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean for me - clean unfussy but with texture to give warmth, natural materials but not too shabby or overcomplicated
  • Flossie Gill
    8 years ago
    It has to be floral what would summer be without some blousey blooms.....
  • Flossie Gill
    8 years ago
    It has to be floral what would summer be without some blousey blooms.....
  • gardenclaire
    8 years ago

Eclectic....that sunny window of plants is gorgeous, I can imagine sitting there reading or gazing out....

• stillsmiling
    8 years ago

country, lets get back to roots, most of us were there once, years ago...

• James Campbell
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean. Simple and relaxing.
  • James Campbell
    8 years ago
    Mediterranean. Simple and relaxing.
  • gidacska77
    8 years ago

I would go for country - just feels right.

• HU-505288300
    5 years ago

Voted for Floral but all of the styles are beautiful in different ways. I imagine floral style that comes with a cosy living room with lots of soft furnishings and a granite fireplace to gather around to.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.