seasnail

Lost ideabook

Sam Hill
8 years ago
I updated the app and an ideabook of mine vanished.
If it's been deleted, can you recover it?

Comments (14)

• Tom Flanagan
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hear about that - it does sound strange! Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? It might be worth checking on a desktop too and see if it's on your profile - updating the app shouldn't affect your Ideabooks.

Thanks!

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Sam,

An additional note here from me. Please can you let me know, if you remember, what you called the ideabook? We're able to reinstate an ideabook if it's been accidentally deleted, but we need to know the name of it.

Hope this makes sense!

• Jane Bland
    8 years ago
    I have lost my idea book too after an update
  • Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Jane, sorry to hear that. Can you please let us know the name of it? Thanks!

• emlizwal
    8 years ago

Hi, I "downloaded" a board within the iPhone app but can't seem to access it via my desktop browser.. Maybe I deleted it?

Its called "emlizwal's Ideas" it has 963 photos and it shows that I downloaded it on 2015-11-21. All the possible link options open as "page cannot be found."

Currently I have another board attached to my profile with the same name but it holds 57 photos and is not the same board. I really hope there is a way to find my bigger board as I would like to view it on my computer.

Thank you, hope to hear back soon.

Emily

• Emmeline Westin
    8 years ago

Hi Emily,

I've restored it for you now, so hopefully you'll be able to access it! Let us know if you have any other issues. Thanks!

• ciaraob02
    8 years ago

Hello, I accidentLy deleted my main ideabook 'email photos!'. Is it possible to restore please?

• ciaraob02
    8 years ago
    Thank you so much. Happy Christmas!! X
  • Sharon McWhorter
    7 years ago
    My idea book on Houzz has vanished. Can you possibly restore it for me? The name of it was smcwhorter's ideas. Is there anything I should extra I can do going forward to prevent this from happening again? Thank you!
  • Emmeline Westin
    7 years ago

Hi scmcwhorter, it looks like the ideabook is still there. I can see it on your profile. Could it be that you've accidentally logged in to someone else's account?

• Alan Rivers
    6 years ago

Hi,my Houzz app kept stalling and I accidentally deleted it with months of ideas and photos. Can the whole thing be reinstalled in full. Thanks.

• Emmeline Westin
    6 years ago

Hi Alan,

Yes, absolutely. Just download the app again and log in, and all your ideabooks will still be there.

Thanks!

• Dylan Sadler
    2 years ago

Hi Emmeline, my idea book now contains only 17 photos. I had several hundred photos. I did not knowingly delete them. Can you restore them? . The idea book was and is simply called Dylan's ideas. Please help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.