lallyloo

Can you a polished black granite hearth with sandstone and field stone

lallyloo
8 years ago
Hi everyone. Am planing a new fireplace. We have a black wood burning stove. We have picked this stone. It's a sandstone fieldstone mix. My question is could I put a black granite hearth with this. Planning a wooden beam over mantle. Thank you for any suggestions

Comments (3)

• chelmsford1
    8 years ago

I would put black slate hearth rather than granite .... it is softer looking than granite,

• lallyloo
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you for your comment. If I was stuck on a polished granite( I like the way they can be kept clean) would you advice going for a lighter colour than black? Thanks
  • chelmsford1
    8 years ago

The only problem is you are going for a traditional fireplace and granite is a fairly modern look you could go for a lighter shade , remember its your house if you like the look stick to it. I would go into some fireplace shops and see what they look like, i'am sure whatever you put down will look lovely.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.