webuser_2699919

Glazed link

Sinéad McGovern
9 years ago
Hi, we're adding an extension to a late 1800's early 1900's two storey house. The extension will be single storey but with a high apex ceiling, exposed to rafters. Joining the existing house and the extension there will be a glazed link just over 1m wide. Our kitchen /living room will be in the existing house and in the extension (becomes one room). We have two options: One option is to completely glaze both sides of the glazed link and the roof. The sides would be just over 3m tall. The flat/slightly sloped roof length will be 3.8 metres. The second option is to glaze the two sides (height approx. 2m) and slate an apex roof with two rooflights inserted in it.

Does anyone have a similar sized glazed link and are there any problems with it such as heat loss, cleaning? etc. Would you advise one option over another? Thank you!

Comment (1)

• e4eimear
    9 years ago
    Talk to your sister
    Sinéad McGovern thanked e4eimear
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.