tikilyn

Has anyone lived in a camper while they build?

tikilyn
12 years ago

their house. My husband and I were talking this afternoon and he threw out this idea! We're just barely in the planning stages right now. Our goal is to build our house and have no mortgage. Anyways right now we are in savings mode and paying off the cars and then saving more!

Next year we are going to start looking for land to build on. I'm looking for 3-5 acres out in the middle of nowhere! Right now we live in a subdivision and it sucks! All my neighbors love to party and it seems like all of them own DJ systems. It's been a real nightmare. I've decided I don't want neighbors anymore. LOL

So my husband bright idea was to buy the land, put the house on the market and pray it sells, even if we just break even and make no profit off of it. He wants out that bad. LOL And live in a large used camper. That way it will free up a ton of money to build.It's a scary thought!

What we plan to do is hire a GC to frame out the house and dry it in. Then we want to take over and sub out the rest of the work ourselves. I know it's not as easy as it sounds but I think it's doable.

So has anyone ever moved into a camper while they build? How was the experience?

Comments (13)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.